Procedure for Obtaining a Visa: Please read carefully the instructions below. All Applicants: - Obtain a new 2008 edition of Visa Application Forms from the Embassy of Turkmenistan in the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland. Or download it from here in pdf. Please fill in 1 (one) Visa Application Form with recent passport size photo glued to form. Please do not staple pictures. In the application, supply dates in the order of day-month-year.
- Every applicant must have at least 6 months of validity left on the passport beyond his or her intended stay in Turkmenistan. The applicant must have at least one blank visa page. Amendment pages do not count. - Please contact the Embassy for fee. - Submit a letter of invitation from the person or company to be visited certified by the State Migration Service of Turkmenistan. The invitation is valid only for 3 (three) months from the date it was confirmed. If you are travelling as a tourist and will not be meeting anyone in Turkmenistan, you must contact any of travel and tourist agencies or companies in Turkmenistan.
E.g. "Turkmen Syyahat" Tel: (993-12) 35-47-77, 39-86-91; Fax: (993-12) 39-67-40 or 39-00-65, 39-77-71. How to apply by post: If you would like to apply for visa by post, you have to send self-addressed, stamped and pre-paid envelope for special delivery.
1. One (1) Visa Application Form per person;
2. Original of the passport and its copy as described above;
3. One (1) passport size photo glued to the Visa Application Form;
4. Fee for the visa (cash in GBP);
5. Letter of invitation certified by the State Migration Service of Turkmenistan.
The processing time for a visa is 7-10 business days. It is possible, however, to expedite the process to up to three business days if the application is complete, the paperwork is in order, and an additional 100% of the cost of the visa is included in the payment.
Please, note that the answers to questions on the visa application form will be reflected in the issued visa and should match those submitted in original documentation in Turkmenistan.
VISA REQUIREMENTS FOR VISITORS ON TRANSIT
Before approaching the Consular Section of the Embassy of Turkmenistan with your application please make sure you have all documents required:
1. Letter from visitors himself/herself described their travel schedule addressed to the Embassy of Turkmenistan in London.
2. One copy of the visa application form duly completed and signed by the applicant.
3. One photo. Attach recent passport-sized photo to your application form and enclose copy of the first page of the passport.
4. One copy of the questionnaire duly completed by the applicant.
5. Passport must have at least one blank page to affix the visa and be valid for the entire period of your stay in the country.
6. Fees. To be paid on the date of collection only. (Please refer to the Fees section for more details).
7. Applying by mail: Before sending your documents please contact the Consular Section. Please provide self-addressed pre-paid envelope to return your passport.
8. For transit visitors is necessary to send copies of visas of the countries of arrival to Turkmenistan and departure from Turkmenistan.
9. Incomplete visa applications are not accepted. In case any person is declined to obtain entry visa to Turkmenistan, the Consular Section of the Embassy of Turkmenistan reserves the right to provide no explanation.
If you are travelling through Turkmenistan to another country on transit, you need to have transit visa to Turkmenistan. As above follow guidelines 1-8 also visa and air ticket to your final destination are required.